The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute (School of Medicine – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery) – Central Missouri’s largest freestanding Orthopaedic center – is seeking a highly motivated, engaged, and committed Nurse Clinician who is interested in joining a fast-paced, highly productive team.
Our Orthopaedic service talent teams include: Attending Physicians, Fellow/Resident Physicians, Extender Practitioners, Nurses, ATC/OTCs, Clinical Administrative Coordinators, Research Faculty, Research Technical Teams, and Students. Our providers have clinical locations in Columbia, Jefferson City, Boonville, Liberty and Springfield. The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in the success of sustaining our department’s mission: advance the clinical, research and teaching components of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Missouri.
This position will partner with departmental staff to support the overall culture and advancement of the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute and C3 Orthopaedics Initiative (Comprehensive, Cutting Edge, Caring Culture), which fosters a fast learning and continuously improving organization to further our mission.
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics, which complement our culture and work environment:
1. Highly engaged and described as proactive and self-determined.
2. Positive attitude, personable with a desire for close and collaborative working relationships.
3. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and who will be flexible and problem-solve in real time.
4. Highly organized who is detail-oriented.
- Provide medical information, direct patient care, and emotional support to patients and families.
- Provide clinical and administrative support to assigned provider, accompany and assist provider during scheduled, special clinics and surgical cases.
- Supervise patient flow, make scheduling decisions, and assist with patient questions.
- Collaborate with ancillary services and other health care professionals to ensure high quality of patient care.
- Organize and schedule all surgeries and coordinate equipment needed for surgery with operative staff and vendor representatives.
- Support provider’s research efforts by recruiting patients into clinical research protocols, screening and evaluating health status of potential research subjects and explaining the protocol to the patient and family and obtaining consents.