The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute (School of Medicine – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery) – Central Missouri’s largest freestanding Orthopaedic center – is seeking a highly motivated, engaged, and committed Business Support Specialist (Clinical Support) who is interested in joining a fast-paced, highly productive team.
Our Orthopaedic service talent teams include: Attending Physicians, Fellow/Resident Physicians, Extender Practitioners, Nurses, ATC/OTCs, Clinical Administrative Coordinators, Research Faculty, Research Technical Teams, and Students. Our providers have clinical locations in Columbia, Jefferson City, Boonville, Liberty and Springfield. The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in the success of sustaining our department’s mission: advance the clinical, research and teaching components of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Missouri.
This position will partner with departmental staff to support the overall culture and advancement of the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute and C3 Orthopaedics Initiative (Comprehensive, Cutting Edge, Caring Culture), which fosters a fast learning and continuously improving organization to further our mission.
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics, which complement our culture and work environment:
1. Highly engaged and described as proactive and self-determined.
2. Positive attitude, personable with a desire for close and collaborative working relationships.
3. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and who will be flexible and problem-solve in real time.
4. Highly organized who is detail-oriented.
• Analyze and implement business processes to ensure maximum efficiencies for the Service Line
• Coordinate and track academic progress
• Collaborate with research leaders to grow the service line research
• Cross train with colleagues to provide seamless office and clinic coverage during staff absences
• Provide education and/or updates to surrounding team on the general workings of the Service Line office
• Collaborate with the department’s Business and Finance office assistance to maintain provider’s credentialing/licensing, CV’s, board certifications, etc.
• Act as a liaison for the service line physicians
• Assist in proposal development and reports
• Provide assistance in clinic as necessary by completing orders and booking surgeries
• Process multiple types of patient requests and inquiries, including yet not limited to: health care concerns, information about their physician and /or nurse, schedule or change care appointments, paperwork (work excuse, orders, FMLA, etc.), and all other non-emergent requests
• Monitor patient care workflow, make scheduling adjustments as necessary, and coordinate patients’ ancillary services’ appointments
• Oversee and manage travel, Outlook calendars for physicians