The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California, Irvine, is seeking board eligible/certified orthopaedic surgeons for all ranks in the non-tenure track Health Sciences Clinical Professor series (Assistant, Associate, and/or Full Professor levels) as well as all ranks in the Professor of Clinical "X" Series (Assistant, Associate and/or Full Professor levels) in various specialties. Applicants must hold an MD or MD/Ph.D. degree(s) and be eligible for California Medical Licensure. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
*Foot & Ankle
*Hand & Upper Extremity
*Hip & Knee Arthroplasty
Successful candidates will be expected to take part in the teaching of orthopaedic residents and medical students, demonstrate professional excellence, show academic achievement, and perform University and public service. In addition, the successful candidates will participate in call at our Level 1 Trauma Center. UCI Orthopedic Surgery delivers clinical services at multiple sites throughout Orange County, and UCI Health is currently building an additional transformational medical campus in Irvine which will house a substantial portion of elective orthopedic services in a multidisciplinary, state of the art ambulatory and inpatient center.
Criteria for the Professor of Clinical "X" Series: The incumbent will be expected to conduct substantial research; provide patient care; teach fellows, residents, and medical students; and perform public and University service. Excellent teaching is an essential criteria for appointment in this series.
Criteria for the Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series: The incumbent will be expected to teach fellows, residents, and medical students; provide patient care; contribute to scholarly activities; and provide public and University service.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Candidate must hold a M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree(s) and be eligible for California Licensure; Orthopaedic Board eligible/certified
• Curriculum Vitae- Your most recently updated CV
• Cover Letter (optional)
• Statement of Research (optional)
• Teaching Statement See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/teachstatement/
• Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
• 3-5 required (contact information only)
To apply, please visit:
All qualified applicants, including women and minority candidates, are encouraged and must apply by completing an online applicant profile and uploading application documents.