The Orthopedic Clinic is seeking an experienced, board certified Physician Assistant to work with our Trauma team. We are the leaders in the orthopedic community of East Central Florida. The Orthopedic Clinic has served our community since 1961. We get our patients back to the life they love with high quality, individualized orthopedic care. The Orthopedic Clinic is seeking a detailed orientated candidate that has previous experience in an orthopedic outpatient office setting, urgent care setting and surgery experience to join our caring dynamic team as a Mid-Level Provider.
The Mid-Level Provider will work directly with our patients and provide medical treatment, services and recommendations for patients in our outpatient clinic, assist in surgery and our orthopedic walk in. The Mid-Level Provider is responsible for medical treatment, service and recommendations for our patients. They will evaluate the patient’s chief complaint courteously and efficiently with exceptional compassionate care and lead the staff through work flow process to ensure a team oriented approach. This role requires previous orthopedics experience in a clinical outpatient setting with exemplary problem solving skills, organizational ability and strong attention to detail.
We believe every patient should receive the best possible care, our practice offers an array of services specializing in general orthopedics, spine care, sports reconstruction, adult reconstruction and non-surgical treatments. We currently have eleven Orthopedic Surgeons, one Interventional Pain Management Physician, Mid-Level Providers, and a Physical Therapy team who serve patients at four locations within Volusia and Flagler counties.
What the Mid-Level Provider will do:
• Monitor, record and report systems or changes in patient’s condition in our EHR system
• Order and/or conduct diagnostic and laboratory tests and medical imaging.
• Order or prescribe pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic therapies.
• Maintain accurate detailed records regarding patient’s treatment, history and plan of care
• Consult and coordinate with healthcare team to assess, plan, implement patient’s care plan
• Collaborate with fellow employees regarding treatment and continuing care when necessary
• Ability to organize and prioritize work during heavy workload situations to expedite patient care
• Maintain strictest confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA compliance
Experience and Abilities:
• Florida licensed as Physician Assistant
• Two to five years of professional orthopedic clinical / surgical experience
• Orthopedic trauma experience is required
• Computer Literate - Windows environment, EHR, athenanet helpful
• Valid State of Florida Driver’s License / Clean Driving Record / Proof of auto insurance
Full compensation package to include: competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD. Life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, paid time off, continuing education reimbursement
The Orthopedic Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants and/or employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status, without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, and gender identity), disability or handicap, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran, or current or future military status or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Orthopedic Clinic is a drug free workplace all applicants under consideration for employment will be drug screened and background checked as part of the hiring process.