PEDIATRIC PHYSIATRIST ACADEMIC POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant or Associate – Level
The University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting for a board eligible or board-certified Pediatric Physiatrist with experience in neuromuscular care, including but not limited to Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy, chemodenervation, Intrathecal Baclofen Pump Management and electrodiagnostics, in an academic or multispecialty setting.
The incumbent will participate in departmental clinical teaching, and research activities at the
Orthopaedic Institute at our Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland and at Mission Bay. The incumbent will
be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer
reviewed journals. The incumbent will also be responsible for and provide an integral role to teach
clinically relevant topics for residents as well as medical students and fellows.
Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire.
• Must have a valid California medical license.
• MD or DO degree from an accredited program.
• Completed an accredited Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program.
• Completed an accredited Pediatric Residency Program or Pediatric Rehabilitation Fellowship.
• Board certified or eligible in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and/or Pediatric Rehabilitation
and/or Pediatric Medicine.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Please apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Teaching, Statement of Research, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, and three (3) Reference Contact Information at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04361.
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 5 (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/oct-2022-salary-scales/t5-summary.pdf). . The minimum base salary range for this position is $135,700 - $213,500. This position includes membership in the health sciences compensation plan (https://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-670.pdf) which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.