Clinical: Clinical responsibilities of this position include developing a full-time hand/microsurgery academic clinical practice.
• Washington University School of Medicine enjoys strong brand awareness and has a reputation for providing premier clinical care regionally and nationally.
• The hand division at Washington University Orthopedics has a regional, national and international reputation for excellence in care, including all conditions of the hand, wrist, elbow and forearm in patients of all ages.
• We treat the simplest to the most complex conditions, including patients of our Complex Nerve Clinic, Limb Preservation Clinic and Young Athlete Center.
Academic Instruction: Academic responsibilities include active participation in, and commitment to, orthopedic fellow and resident education, including:
• Clinical training and teaching.
• Participating in conferences, journal clubs and related activities.
Research: The faculty member will conduct research (clinical, basic science, translational and/or biomechanics), working with researchers within the department and across Washington University School of Medicine. Our division has a long history of research contribution, with a focus on treatment strategies and outcomes for hand conditions.