Nov 26, 2020
Fort Bragg, CA
Adventist Health Mendocino Coast Hospital is actively seeking a BC/BE, mission-minded Orthopedic Surgeon to join our team in a hospital-based practice covering Mendocino County. While we are looking for general orthopedic candidates, physicians with sub-specialty training in total-joint are encouraged. The call panel is shared and a clinic schedule of Monday through Friday, seeing 20-25 patients a day.
The orthopedic practice is set within a strong, high quality, collegial medical community, with many options to expand the practice. Physicians have an excellent relationship with hospital administration resulting in a well-equipped office and operating rooms. The ability to speak Spanish is also helpful but not required.
• Practice wide range of orthopedic surgery
• Receptive and collegial administrative staff
• High quality, well-trained OR staff
• Well-equipped operating rooms
• Potential to supervise an Ortho PA
• Many opportunities for physician leadership
• Excellent opportunity for healthy work-life balance
• Physicians highly respected and valued
• Outdoor activities – hiking, biking, boating, swimming, sailing, fishing, surfing, horse-back riding
• Orchestra, community theatre, farmers markets and local organic foods, wine tasting and winery hosted events, parks, sports leagues, creative artists, and natural springs
Candidates must be California licensed or eligible and meet the hospital's medical staff credentialing standards.
Employed model through Physicians Network Medical Group (PNMG)
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available.
· Relocation reimbursement
· Starting bonus
· Medical/Dental/Malpractice Coverage
· CME allowance
· Vacation, holidays and sick leave
· Cerner EHR System
About the Medical Center
Adventist Health Mendocino Coast Hospital is located in in Fort Bragg, California. This clinic includes multiple provider exam rooms, and a procedure room. There are currently three physicians covering call and one PA in the clinic as well. The office staff consists of front and back office staff, RN, supervising physicians for PA, etc.
Nestled on the northern coast of California. Fort Bragg is a small town of approximately 7,500 and is a tourist destination due to the picturesque view of the Pacific Ocean. Mendocino is about 10 miles south of Fort Bragg. Both towns offer unique shopping, dining, and site seeing opportunities. The Skunk Train takes riders on a 7-mile trip back in history through the majestic redwoods, from Fort Bragg to Willits. Fort Bragg has a strong community, which is clearly present in its numerous town celebrations, festivals and events, including the World’s Largest Salmon BBQ, which takes place every year around the Fourth of July holiday. All sorts of recreational opportunities can be found from boating, fishing, a swimming beaches, hiking trails and much more.
To learn more about our community, click here.