The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Financial Planning & Analysis provides leadership in the development and administration of financial planning processes across UAMS including clinical, research and educational areas. This includes the functions of decision support, cost accounting, productivity & benchmarking, business plan development and payer strategies. The Assistant Vice Chancellor partners with campus leadership to provide the tools and analysis necessary to guide decision making and drive operational excellence. This position is also responsible for the preparation and filing of Medicare/Medicaid and other third party cost reports. The Assistant Vice Chancellor reports directly to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary: offered commensurate with experience
Oversees and directs the overall operations of the decision support and cost accounting departments which includes:
- Leading the strategic direction of the cost accounting and decision support functions
- Supporting the decision making process by developing financial and performance models to assess potential new ventures and analyze existing programs
- Developing and maintaining the organization’s cost accounting system and profitability reporting processes
- Setting cost standards based on external benchmarking, including labor and productivity metrics
- Responsible for tracking and reporting key statistics and indicators to be incorporated in monthly financial reports
- Overseeing the preparation and filing of Medicare/Medicaid and other third party cost reports to ensure compliance with all governing regulations
- Serving as an expert on cost accounting issues and related best practices and procedures
- Supervising, mentoring and directing cost accounting and decision support staff on a daily basis
- Working closely with peers within the Division of Finance to advance the operational goals of the division
Oversees and directs the overall operations of the payer contracting department which includes:
- Establishing the overall payer strategy for the organization
- Leading the negotiation of fee-for-service and value-based contracts with new and existing payers
- Managing ongoing relationships and performance and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Collaborating with internal partners to advance the overall strategic goals of the organization
- Advising campus leadership on emerging trends and methodologies in payer contracting and value-based care
Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide service, information, and advice as needed. Represent the finance department as a subject matter expert in various meetings and committees.
- Provide guidance and education to campus leadership.
- Key internal stakeholders include, but is not limited, to Senior Leadership, Chancellor’s Cabinet, Campus Budget Office, Research Support, Information Technology, ICE Service Line Leadership and members of the Administrative Council
- Key external stakeholders include, but is not limited to, UA System Office, Internal Audit, External Auditors
May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, plus nine years of supervisory experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel) experience
- Ten years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Health-care and/or Higher Education experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Not required