Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH) is seeking a fellowship trained BC/BE Orthopaedic Traumatologist for an exciting hospital employed opportunity!
Our flagship hospital, Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, became a Level II Trauma Center in 2019, the only such center for over 350,000 residents. The hospital is be the only Trauma Center in southern Illinois affiliated with Barnes Jewish Hospital and this will allows the facility to retain major trauma patients as well as be able to accept transfers from other hospitals in the region.
Southern Illinois Healthcare is a member of the BJC Collaborative, a partnership among healthcare systems throughout Illinois, Missouri, and eastern Kansas. The Collaborative members work together to improve access to and quality of medical care for patient, create additional efficiencies that will benefit our communities, achieve savings, and lower health care costs. Barnes Jewish will collaborate with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Director.
- All candidates must be BC/BE
- Licensed to practice medicine with no restrictions
Details of the Opportunity:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Hospital Employed
- Orthopedic trauma call approximately 10 days a month
- Clinical responsibilities include all surgical care of orthopedic trauma patients
- Support from 4 trauma surgeons
- State-of-the-art technologies and equipment
- Will be provided an advanced practice provider who would assist with pre-op and post-op cases, as well as assist in surgeries
Forward-thinking and financially strong, SIH prides itself in fostering leaders, promoting teamwork, and providing quality care coordination and transitions. Our passionate and strategic administration, alongside our friendly, skilled, and patient-focused staff, work together to cultivate a supportive and positive working environment.
- SIH is not-for-profit and the largest provider of charity care and community benefits in southern Illinois
- Region's largest and most accomplished healthcare system with over 3,800 employees including over 300 employed providers
- Physician engagement surveys analyze our opportunities and focus our actions for improvement
- System-wide Epic EMR
- 350,000 patient population
- Hospital employed, with generous compensation and benefits package
- Free, on-site hospital and clinic parking
About our Community
- Friendly community atmosphere
- Diverse population
- Surrounded by state parks and national forest
- Recreation including lakes, hiking, rock climbing, cycling paths, golf courses, breweries and dozens of wineries
- Home of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Live music, performing arts, and numerous outdoor festivals
- Short drive to metropolitan/urban areas including: St. Louis, Nashville and Chicago
- Quality educational opportunities in public and private schools
- Experience the beauty of all four seasons
- Reasonable cost of living