Since our founding in 1955, our experienced and knowledgeable staff has been committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive orthopaedic care available in central Iowa. We are a surgeon owned, leading and trusted organization, devoted to providing world class care to our patients. DMOS Orthopaedic Center is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients in our communities by providing the highest quality of orthopaedic care.
Our mission is to provide a world class brand experience for our patients and their families with our company – our people, physical locations, communications and our surgeons. We are all committed to improving lives – and without our patients, we would cease to exist.
The Perks DMOS offers you: A work-life balance with generous levels of time off, competitive compensation, health/dental/vision benefits, as well as an unmatched 401K/pension plan.
The Job: We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide the highest quality of medical care in our Spine, Neck, and Physiatry clinic. This person will use independent judgement to consult, evaluate, and diagnose patients with neck, back, or spine pain.
This Full Time, Exempt position will work Monday-Friday, standard business hours. Bonus: no weekends or on-call! Salary for this role is negotiable depending on Neck, Back, and/or Physiatry experience.
- Obtains detailed history and performs physical examinations on assigned patients; assesses and treats acute/chronic medical problems and provides direct patient care to a specified patient population
- Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; may write appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs
- Assists with preparation of sterile area and room setup before procedure including the planning and ordering of all supplies needed
- Assists the surgical team during operative procedures as directed by physician
- Helps surgical team to maintain patient safety through monitoring sterile technique during draping and surgical procedures
- Helps with medical record filing, ordering and stocking supplies. Participates in cleaning of surgical rooms. Communicates supply and equipment repairs to appropriate personnel
- Notifies supervising physician or attending physician on call regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation
- Practices appropriate safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
- Under direction of supervising physician assists and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic
- Dictates and/or writes progress notes on patients’ charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required
- Provides health education to patients and families
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops
- Maintains confidentiality of clinic and patient records
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Attends Meetings as Assigned
- Responds in emergency situations
- Current NP/ARNP Certification from a state accredited program or
- Current Physician Assistants Degree from a state accredited PA Program
- Must have a valid RN/NP license in good standing or
- Must have NCCPA certification for Physician Assistants
- 3+ years of experience
- Orthopedic experience (specifically in a spine/back pain clinical setting) preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification; CPR certified
- Strong communication skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Requires individual to be on their feet for long periods of time
- Required to transport patients from wheelchair to exam table when necessary
- Lifting 5-50lbs for select tasks
- Typically walking/standing/bending/kneeling/twisting up to 8 hours per day
DMOS is a privately held medical facility. Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment at DMOS will be required to complete a criminal background check, federal background checks, education verification, reference checks, and an initial TB test.
Have a positive, can-do attitude and a love for your job? If so, you’ll be our ideal candidate!