The Physician Assistant will support the Emergency Room Regional Coverage in Central Florida with AdventHealth.
- First point of contact for community ED physicians for ortho outreach
- Liaison between community ED physicians and Ortho Surgeon
- Work alongside local ED providers and ortho surgeon to create patient care plan
- Assist in coordination for urgent surgical admissions and/or transfers
- Work with Ortho Navigation team on patient access needs
- Cast/Splint/Stabilize emergency patients as indicated in care plan
- First OR assistant for urgent ortho cases
- First OR assistant in scheduled ortho cases
- Cover Indigent Clinic
- Round on in-house patients
- Answer in-house consult requests
- Document in EMR system as required
- Dictate required documentation as required
- Discharge in-house patients as needed
- Provide Patient Education
- Patient follow-up outreach as needed
- Technology use: Tiger Connect, Nuance Power Share, Telemedicine Platforms
- Shifts may rotate – Day/Evening/Night
EDUCATION: Successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
CERTIFICATION or LICENSURE: Active Florida licensure as a Physician Assistant, active CPR Certification.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Surgical Orthopaedic experience preferred.
SKILLS: Computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office.