Apr 29, 2021
HOPCo/The CORE Institute
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
The CORE Institute's fellowship-trained physicians provide specialized care in the areas of surgical, non-surgical, and rehabilitative hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle procedures, joint replacement, sports medicine, arthroscopy, fracture management, orthopedic traumatology, hand and wrist procedures, complex articular cartilage restoration, musculoskeletal oncology, foot and ankle reconstruction, physical medicine and rehabilitation, comprehensive spine care, pain management, clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy, headache and facial pain, neuromuscular medicine, spine and peripheral nerve disease, clinical neuroimmunology, multiple sclerosis, and general neurology care.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by the physician.
1. Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with the care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Provides acute and chronic patient care including taking histories, doing physicals, monitoring therapies, giving injections and medications, suturing wounds.
3. Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
4. Responds to emergencies including the use of CPR.
5. Documents patient information and care provided inpatient record and maintain patient statistics.
6. Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
7. Assists the physicians with surgeries in the operating room.
8. Participates in rounds at the hospital and responds to patient calls received after hours and on weekends.
9. Consults with other staff as necessary.
10. Maintains patient confidentiality.
BA/BS, MS preferred. Graduate of AMA accredited physician assistant program.
Experience in orthopedics is preferred.
Current state PA license, certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, current CPR certification.
1. Knowledge of acute and chronic protocols, administration of medications, delivering physical care following a treatment plan.
2. Knowledge of how to assess patient health and measure/record physiologic and growth indices.
3. Knowledge of health promotion principles and techniques and patient learning measurements.
1. Skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
2. Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
3. Skill in evaluating and revising care plans based on patient changes.
1. Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of a dependent medical practitioners.
2. Ability to develop health education programs and materials.
3. Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team.