Jun 10, 2021
HOPCo/The CORE Institute
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
The CORE Institute delivers integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care. The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering research, academics, community service, and a passion for excellence in patient care. The organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of systems-based quality programs which drive value and improve the quality of patient care.
As the CORE Institute continues to grow, we are looking for Physician Assistants for:
Orthopedic Trauma Surgery in Mesa Arizona. Includes office and OR work.
1. Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with a care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Provides acute and chronic patient care including taking histories, doing physicals, monitoring therapies, giving injections and medications, suturing wounds.
3. Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
4. Responds to emergencies including the use of CPR.
5. Documents patient information and care provided inpatient record and maintain patient statistics.
6. Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
7. Assists the physicians with surgeries in the operating room.
8. Participates in rounds at the hospital and responds to patient calls received after hours and on weekends.
9. Consults with other staff as necessary.
10. Maintains patient confidentiality.
BA/BS, MS preferred. Graduate of AMA accredited physician assistant program.
Experience in orthopedics is preferred.
Current state PA license, certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, current CPR certification.
1. Knowledge of acute and chronic protocols, administration of medications, delivering physical care following the treatment plan.
2. Knowledge of how to assess patient health and measure/record physiologic and growth indices.
3. Knowledge of health promotion principles and techniques and patient learning measurements.
1. Skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
2. Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
3. Skill in evaluating and revising care plans based on patient changes.
1. Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of a dependent medical practitioner.
2. Ability to develop health education programs and materials.
3. Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team.