Aug 09, 2021
Orange Park, FL
Orthopaedic Hand /Upper Extremity Surgeon
A fellowship-trained hand surgeon is needed to join a private practice located in Orange Park, Florida which is a bedroom community of Jacksonville, FL. This practice is a specialty facility focusing efforts to provide the best experience to their patients seeking care for upper extremities.
- Board certified or board eligible with plans to sit for boards
- Call will be shared amongst the providers in the practice
- Willing to do 100% hand surgery and cover hand trauma patients
- Competitive compensation package with benefits
- ER Hand Call Coverage is compensated after the first year
- Employment is offered through the private practice
- Hospital will offer some financial support during first year to allow physician time to ramp up
- Buy-In/Partnership available in due time
- Potential to become a shareholder in the surgical group
About Orange Park Medical Center:
- OPMC is a full-service, acute-care hospital with 365 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities.
- The only level II trauma center in Clay County
- Shortest hospital ER wait times in the area with a dedicated Pediatric ER and another free-standing ER a few miles away from the hospital
- 24/7 on-site imaging and radiology services
- 24-bed inpatient psychiatry unit, 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and 20 ICU beds.
- Level II NICU
- Committed to Graduate Medical Education with seven residency programs (including ER, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Primary Care) and three fellowship programs. By the year 2022, we will expand our ACGME accredited residency and fellowship programs to 175 residents and fellows.
With a population of close to 1.5 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals. Jacksonville has been ranked as one of the best cities for relocating families. Families are able to choose from a variety of top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities for their children.
Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River. Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating.