Sep 15, 2021
University of Missouri
The School of Medicine and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery are pleased to announce the opening of a Business Support Specialist II position to be assigned to a Clinical Service Line/Division.
The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, central Missouri's largest freestanding Orthopaedic center, is seeking an energetic, professional and highly motivated Clinical Service Line/Division Lead, who is interested in joining a fast-paced, highly productive team.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery’s World-Class Research program consists of a 49+ member team conducting basic science, translational and clinical orthopaedic research. The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) houses the Thompson Laboratory for Regenerative Orthopaedics (TLRO), which is the only comprehensive orthopaedic research laboratory housed within a freestanding orthopaedic hospital in the world. Our robust Orthopaedic Research Division is responsible for more than 100 ongoing research projects, with more than 40 of those being clinical trials. The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in the success of sustaining our department’s mission: advance the clinical, research and teaching components of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Missouri.
This position will partner with clinical and research staff to support advancement of the overall culture of Missouri Orthopaedic Institute and our C3 Orthopaedics Initiative (Comprehensive, Cutting Edge, Caring Culture), which fosters a fast learning and continuously improving organization to further our mission.
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics, which complement our culture and work environment:
1. Highly engaged and described as proactive and self-determined
2. Positive attitude, personable with a desire for close and collaborative working relationships
3. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and who will be flexible and problem-solve in real time
4. Highly organized who is detail-oriented
• Analyze and continue implementing assigned Orthopaedic Service line business processes to ensure maximum efficiencies
• Coordinate and track academic progress
• Collaborate with research leaders to grow assigned service line research
• Cross train with colleagues to provide seamless office and clinic coverage during staff absences.
• Provide education and/or updates to surrounding team/students on the general workings of the assigned Orthopaedic Service Line office.
• Collaborate with the department’s Business and Finance office assistance to maintain provider’s credentialing/licensing, CV’s, board certifications, etc.
• Act as a liaison for the assigned service line physicians in training and student program staff.
• Assist in proposal development and reports
• Provide assistance in clinic as necessary by completing orders and booking surgeries.
• Process multiple types of patient requests and inquiries, including yet not limited to: health care concerns, information about their physician and /or nurse, schedule or change care appointments, paperwork (work excuse, orders, FMLA, etc.), and all other non-emergent requests.
• Monitor patient care workflow, make scheduling adjustments as necessary, and coordinate patients’ ancillary services’ appointments.
• Oversee and manage travel, Outlook calendars for the assigned Orthopaedic Service line physicians, schedule meetings, submit physician vacation/leave requests, and deliver necessary notifications regarding physicians’ out of office dates to the correct parties as per policy.
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.