Sep 23, 2021
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
SPINE AND TRAUMA ACADEMIC POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant/Associate Professor Level Position
The University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting for an orthopaedic surgeon. This is a full-time appointment that will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, commensurate with experience.
Incumbent will participate in departmental clinical, teaching, and research activities at the University of California, San Francisco/Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Orthopaedic Trauma Institute and affiliated hospitals including Regional Medical Center-San Jose. Incumbent will be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer reviewed journals. The selected individual will also be responsible for and provide an integral role to teach clinically relevant topics for residents, medical students, and fellows.
• A valid California medical license will be required as a condition of employment.
• Board certified or eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery.
• Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency program.
• Possess subspecialty fellowship training in spine and an interest in clinical orthopaedic trauma.
• Associate level candidates will have clinical experience beyond the fellowship year and experience in research and teaching in an academic institution.
• All of the requirements must be met by the appointment date.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Please apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Statement of Research, and contact information of three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF03590.
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.