Sep 30, 2021
University of Missouri
The School of Medicine and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery are pleased to announce their Department Medical Education Manager position.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking an energetic, professional and highly motivated Manager of Medical Education, who is interested in joining a fast-paced, highly productive team.
The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in the continued growth of moving the Department’s Medical Education mission from good to great. This position will partner with clinical and research staff to support advancement of the overall C3 Orthopaedic Culture of Comprehensive, Cutting Edge, Caring Culture, which fosters a fast learning and continuously improving organization to further our mission.
Leadership qualities needed in our growing, fast- paced work environment:
1. Commitment and Passion for Department and Team
2. Transparency and Strong Communication
3. Initiative for Action
5. Positive Energy, Ability to Inspire, and Authenticity
6. Delegation Skills and Empowerment of Team
7. Teamwork Focus and Desire to Serve
8. Creativity and Innovation
9. Strategic Planning and Problem Solving
10. Desire and Skill to Build Strong Relationships
• Collaboratively build, maintain, and ensure the success of the orthopaedic surgery medical educational program within the highly regulated boundaries and guidelines
• Professional liaison with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), specifically the Chicago office of the ACGME-RRC, and the MU School of Medicine’s Graduate Medical Education (GME) office
• Confident and professional collaboration vice chair of medical education, faculty residency program directors and staff to continuously grow the department medical educational program and cultivate effective teaching/learning relationships between faculty and residents/fellows/medical students
• Own and ensure continuous compliance with the ACGME Residency Review Committee (RRC) site inspection program
• Ensure constant department and division knowledge in relation to ACGME, ABIM and other appliable regulatory bodies and anticipate necessary workflow adjustments in alignment with changing landscape
• Collaborate with chief fiscal officer to develop education budgets and then strategically monitor expenditures continuously, ensuring compliance with budget parameters and various funding requirements
• Oversight and continuous development of electronic databases that integrate smoothly with other departmental systems, provide analysis of data and strong reports for leadership
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.