Oct 05, 2021
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, San Jose, and Marin, CA
Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
TRAUMA ACADEMIC POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant/Associate Professor Level Position
The University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting for an orthopaedic surgeon with fellowship training in orthopaedic trauma and subspecialty fellowship training in Foot and Ankle. This full-time appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, commensurate with experience.
The incumbent will participate in departmental clinical, teaching, and research activities at the University of California, San Francisco/Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Orthopaedic Trauma Institute and affiliated hospitals and clinic sites including those of MarinHealth and Regional Medical Center-San Jose. The incumbent will be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer reviewed journals. The selected individual will also be responsible for and provide an integral role to teach clinically relevant topics for residents, medical students, and fellows.
• A valid California medical license will be required as a condition of employment.
• Board certified or eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
• Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency program
• Completed trauma and sub-specialty fellowship program in Foot and Ankle
• Associate level candidates will have clinical experience beyond the fellowship year and experience in research and teaching in an academic institution.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
All of the requirements must be met by the appointment date.
Please apply online with CV, cover letter, a statement of contribution to diversity, a statement of research, and the contact information of three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03601.
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.