Nov 09, 2021
Founded in 1884, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) New Brunswick is an academic medical center whose Centers of Excellence include cardiovascular care from minimally invasive heart surgery to transplantation, cancer care, stroke care, neuroscience, orthopedics and women’s and children’s care, including The Bristol‐Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital (BMSCH).
As the principal teaching hospital of Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, RWJUH New Brunswick is an innovative leader in advancing state‐of‐the‐art care. Featuring a Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center and the first Pediatric Trauma Center in the state, RWJUH’s New Brunswick campus serves as a national resource in its ground‐breaking approaches to emergency preparedness.
· The Faculty member is responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical pharmacy services for the ED and all associated areas (eg. Pediatrics, Trauma, Stroke) including therapeutic consultation.
· Manage and maintain pharmacist driven culture follow up program at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
· Serve as residency program director for PGY-2 EM pharmacy residency program
· Support and advise residents for clinical project development, conference presentation, and manuscript preparation
· Develop, implement and maintain advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPE). In the area of emergency medicine.
· Participate in didactic teaching at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
· Coordinate selection and completion of research projects in collaboration with the Department of Emergency Medicine
· Documents clinical interventions (pharmacokinetic consultations pharmacotherapeutic consultations, patient consultations) and cost avoidance as part of the Pharmacy Services and hospital documentation programs.
· Participate in the development of medication use management programs including clinical guidelines, critical pathways, disease management, and drug use programs.
· Participate on committees, teams, or task forces relating to area of preceptor’s individual practice.
· Participate in the professional development and competency of pharmacy staff. Functions as a role model and as an educational resource for pharmacy staff.
· Assist with coordinating clinical pharmacy activities, schedules, programs and projects
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.