Nov 23, 2021
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Orthopaedic Pediatric Surgeon
Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Surgeon
Pediatric Sports Orthopaedic Surgeon - ACADEMIC POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant – Associate Level
The University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting a board eligible or board-certified Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon with expertise in sports medicine. Candidate will provide diagnostic, interventional and surgical management for children with the full spectrum of musculoskeletal diagnoses. The candidate should have experience in the orthopaedic care of the pediatric and adolescent athlete. The selected candidate will be appointed to the Assistant or Associate Professor rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical, Clinical X, or In-Residence faculty series.
The incumbent will participate in clinical teaching and research activities at the UCSF Benioff’s Children’s Hospital and other affiliated UCSF sites. The incumbent will be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer reviewed journals. The incumbent will also be responsible for and provide an integral role to teach clinically relevant topics for residents as well as medical students and fellows.
Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire:
• A valid California medical license.
• MD or DO degree from an accredited program.
• Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency.
• Completed Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship.
• Completed Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship.
• Board certified or eligible with American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
• Experience in the orthopaedic care of the pediatric and adolescent athlete.
• Expertise in sports medicine.
• Expertise in pediatric orthopaedics.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Please apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, and three (3) Reference Contact Information at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03686.
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.