Nov 23, 2021
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Orthopaedic Primary Care Sports Medicine
Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Surgeon
Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician - ACADEMIC POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant – Associate Level
The University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting for a board-eligible or board-certified Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician with clinical expertise to diagnose and manage the full spectrum of sports medicine conditions affecting both children and adults. The candidate should also have expertise in musculoskeletal ultrasound. The candidate should have experience in team coverage. The selected candidate will be appointed to the Assistant or Associate Professor rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical, Clinical X, or In-Residence faculty series.
The incumbent will participate in clinical teaching and research activities at the Orthopaedic Institute and other affiliated UCSF sites. The incumbent will be responsible for teaching clinically relevant topics to residents as well as medical students. The incumbent will be core faculty for the UCSF Primary Care Sports Medicine fellowship and would have an opportunity for leadership in the fellowship. The incumbent will be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer reviewed journals.
Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire:
• Must have a valid California medical license.
• MD or DO degree from an accredited program.
• Completed an accredited residency program in one of the following specialties: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
• Completed Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship.
• Board certified or eligible with one of the following: American Board of Family Medicine; American Board of Internal Medicine; American Board of Pediatrics; American Board of Emergency Medicine; American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
• Board certified or eligible Primary Care Sports Medicine certification.
• Clinical expertise to diagnose and manage the full spectrum of sports medicine conditions affecting both children and adults.
• Expertise in musculoskeletal ultrasound.
• Experience in team coverage.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Please apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Teaching, Statement of Research, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, and three (3) Reference Contact Information at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03672.
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.