Nov 24, 2021
University of Missouri
The School of Medicine and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery are pleased to announce the opening of a Business Support Specialist II position to be assigned to the Medical Education team.
The Missouri Orthopaedic Institute, central Missouri's largest freestanding Orthopaedic center, is seeking an energetic, professional and highly motivated Business Support Specialist, who is interested in joining a fast-paced, highly productive team.
This position will partner with clinical and research staff to support advancement of the overall culture of Missouri Orthopaedic Institute and our C3 Orthopaedics Initiative (Comprehensive, Cutting Edge, Caring Culture), which fosters a fast learning and continuously improving organization to further our mission.
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics, which complement our culture and work environment:
1. Highly engaged and described as proactive and self-determined
2. Positive attitude, personable with a desire for close and collaborative working relationships
3. Thrive in a fast-paced environment and who will be flexible and problem-solve in real time
4. Highly organized who is detail-oriented
•Build and grow credibility, relationships and understanding of Department’s medical education mission and objectives to ensure optimal support.
•Assist with the strategies of supporting the Department’s Medical Education office to ensure long-term success.
• Administrative lead and coordinator for the department’s Medical Student program for the Department; partnering with Medical Student Program Physician Director to meet the Department’s Medical Student Program’s goals and objectives.
• Administrative lead for the Department’s Fellowship Programs including, but not limited to, recruitment, evaluation, & conferences. Partnering with the Fellowship Directors and their Service line Leads to meet the Fellowship’s goals and objectives.
• Support other Medical Education teammates with critical deliverables and events, such as: resident recruitment, and graduation along with acting as a back-up when needed.
Is this Position Academic, Private Practice, Health System/Hospital, VA/Military, or Other? Select ONE.